Dental implants have revolutionized the field of restorative dentistry. These small metal posts are placed in the jaw to serve the role of tooth roots. Once healed, patients can enjoy restored oral function and health.
Thanks to advancements in the field of implant dentistry, we proudly offer Immediate Function™ same-day dental implants by Nobel Biocare™. When you visit our Livingston, NJ, practice for a consultation, we can help determine the type of implant that is best for you. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment.
Lasting Results after a Single Appointment
Traditional dental implants requires multiple surgeries with several months of recovery time in between. Same-day dental implants allow us to provide a lifetime of support for permanent restorations after a single trip to our office. Dr. Gelbman is one of the first dentists in the New Jersey-area to be certified in this procedure. Immediate Function™ implants from Nobel Biocare™ are one of the most advanced restorative treatments available.
Dental implants are a permanent solution to the replacement of missing teeth. The results our patients have experienced should give you the confidence that implants are a far superior solution to dentures and bridges. We have been placing and restoring dental implants since 1982, and this procedure allows us to dramatically change your life much more quickly.
Benefits of Same-day Dental Implants
Placing your implants in one visit offers patients several benefits. Patients who receive same-day dental implants can:
- Eat whatever they like: Implants improve a patient's ability to chew a wider variety of foods.
- Smile with confidence: Discolored or missing teeth detract from your appearance. Implant-supported restorations help increase your self-esteem.
- Express themselves clearly or simply be understood: Implants increase the retention and stability of your teeth which helps you speak clearly.
- Improve your external facial structure and decrease the likelihood of continued bone loss: Implants return stimulation to the jawbone, halting bone loss and helping to improve oral health.
Receiving Same-day Dental Implants
- At your initial consultation, Dr. Gelbman will evaluate your candidacy using a clinical exam and x-rays. If you qualify for same-day implants, he will then discuss your treatment options.
- Next, a CT scan of your jaw is completed using a low-radiation machine.
- Using the Nobel Biocare™ software, Dr. Gelbman will perform a "virtual surgery" on your scan. This is a fancy way of saying he utilizes his training to prepare your case for the creation of your new teeth.
- The files are transmitted to Nobel Biocare™ where a three-dimensional model of your jaw is constructed. A surgical guide is created to the exact specifications of your mouth. The guide and the model are used to create your new set of teeth.
- Your new teeth are examined by Dr. Gelbman and each part is checked for accuracy.
- Your one visit is scheduled.
- Dr. Gelbman surgically places your new teeth without the use of incisions or sutures. The result is very little post-operative swelling. Any discomfort is treated with an over-the-counter pain medication in all but very rare cases.
- The entire surgery is performed with local anesthesia and usually takes less than sixty minutes to complete.
What if I am worried about the pain?
We are one of a handful of dentists in New Jersey that are licensed to utilize oral sedation. Oral sedation is one alternative that can virtually eliminate your anxiety about pain and discomfort. Most of our patients get relief from any lingering discomfort during the initial placement stage with over the counter pain relief you would take for a headache.
Contact Livingston Dental Arts
The best time to start your path to a new you was yesterday – the next best time is today. If you have experienced tooth loss, same-day dental implants may be an ideal restorative solution. Contact our office to schedule a visit with one of our experienced doctors.